Wednesday, August 29, 2018

"Attention Required"

"Wherefore seeing we also are compassed about with so great a cloud of witnesses, let us lay aside every weight, and the sin which doth so easily beset us, and let us run with patience the race that is set before us." Hebrews 12:1

Each evening the program that I use to protect my computer will run a scan to see if there is anything that is harmful to my computer's operation hiding somewhere. Once it is finished it will list any possible threats. At times it will let me know that some low risk cookie that has been detected-- it shows up under the heading of "Attention Required". When this happens, I have to take the necessary action to get rid of the risk that could cause a potential problem if left unattended.

I wonder if there are things in our lives that come under the heading of "Attention Required". How many things- wrong attitudes, ill feelings, fears, undisciplined areas, besetting sins, unholy thoughts, etc.- do we have "hiding" in us that are potential "hazards" to our souls. Are there areas that the Lord has shown you that need some attention? Do they seem so small and insignificant- not worth the bother? We are told in the word of God that a little leaven leavens the whole lump and the little foxes spoil the vines. On my computer if these threats are left unattended they can cause problems, or a possible "crash" eventually. In our lives if these things are left unattended they can cause our lights to be hid, our salt to lose its savor, our hearts to become hard, our love to grow cold, or worse, our relationship with the Lord to be hindered.

This morning let the Holy Spirit do a "system scan" on your heart to see if there is anything that is a hinderance to your Christian walk and growth in the Lord. ("Search me, O God, and know my heart: try me, and know my thoughts. Ps. 139:23) If there is don't "hit the ignore button", give it the needed attention required and let the Lord "clean" it up. You will "function" much better-- it's called abundant life.

Have a great day. Is there something in your life that requires attention?

No comments: