Thursday, August 23, 2018

"Defeated Devil"

"Notwithstanding in this rejoice not, that the spirits are subject unto you; but rather rejoice, because your names are written in heaven." Luke 10:20

Jesus told His disciples not to rejoice that the devils were subject to them, but rather that their names were written in the Lamb's Book of Life. I rejoice in the fact that my name is in the Book of Life... I thank Jesus for it everyday. I never want to take my salvation for granted because I know where I would be without Him. If Jesus had not paid the sacrifice for my sins I would still be lost and on my way to hell... and rightfully so. He did not have to come and die for me, He could have left me in my sins, but He loved me so much that He gladly, and with great joy, went to the cross in order to redeem me from the wages of sin.

Having said all that, while I rejoice that my name is written in the Book of Life, I am thankful that the devils are subject to us. I am thankful that Jesus has given us victory over them. I am thankful that I don't have to worry about them, they are not stronger than I am, they are not more powerful, they are not victorious and I do not have to fear them... they are defeated! Jesus defeated their "leader" at the cross. He gave him a "head blow". (Genesis 3:15) Jesus made a triumphant show of him openly before all principalities and powers. In the name of Jesus I have authority over them, and have been given authority to cast them out of lives that they are tormenting and holding in bondage.

Jesus has given you power and authority over the devil and his fallen angels. Don't let them intimidate you. Don't let them make you think that they are the more powerful ones. Don't listen to, or believe, their lies, their accusations, their threats, their deceptive persuasions. They are not greater than you are, because the Greater One lives inside of you. Walk in the authority over them that the Lord has given you. The Bible says they are "under our feet" because they are under Christ's feet-- that means they are not above us. One preacher put it this way... he is a "toe level" devil. "And hath put all things under his feet, and gave him to be the head over all things to the church." (Ephesians 1:22) "Behold, I give unto you power to tread on serpents and scorpions, and over all the power of the enemy: and nothing shall by any means hurt you." (Luke 10:19)

Have a great day. It is all right to give Jesus praise for defeating Satan on your behalf.

No comments: