Monday, June 25, 2018

"'But" Faith Or Unbelief'"

"The grass withereth, the flower fadeth: but the word of our God shall stand for ever."  Isaiah 40:8

You can "but" yourself into unbelief.  You can let the devil "but" you into unbelief.  What do I mean?  When you are standing in faith, believing the Lord for a petition, you can defeat yourself by reasoning it out.  Such as-  But I am not sure the Lord really meant what He said; but what if He doesn't do it; but I don't deserve it; but what if my faith isn't strong enough; but is He really faithful; etc. 

The enemy, who comes to steal, kill and destroy, will try to use the "but" tactic as well.  He does it through his accusations-- But did God really say that; but will God really do what He says; but can you really trust Him; but He hasn't answered your prayers before what makes you think He will do it now; but look at what you did; but you messed up; but you aren't good enough to receive; etc. 

The word "but" can be used as a "negative" or a "positive".  Instead of "butting" yourself into unbelief, or letting the devil "but" you into unbelief, you need to use it to encourage yourself in God's promises.  You need to declare His word, which is truth, in your situation and what you are believing for.  Instead you should be using "but" in this manner-- it may look impossible but with God nothing is impossible; but my God shall supply all my need; but God will make a way where there seems to be no way; but God can not fail; but God is faithful as promised; but God is able to do exceeding abundantly above all I can ask or think; but God is on my side; but God will fight my battle; but God will never leave me; etc.

So which will it be?  Will you "but" yourself into unbelief?  Will you let the devil "but" you into unbelief?  Or will you "but" yourself through God's promises into faith?

Have a great day.  You can "but" yourself into unbelief or faith-- which will you do?

No comments: