Tuesday, May 15, 2018

"Drawing Back, Drawing Near"

"Now the just shall live by faith: but if any man draw back, my soul shall have no pleasure in him."  Hebrews 10:38

When trials of life come, we have a tendency to do one of two things:  we either draw near to the Lord or we draw back from Him.  The drawing near to Him I understand.  Because He is my hope, He is my comfort, He is my strength and He is my peace in times of trouble.  Without Him I can't make it through the situation I am facing.   

What I don't understand why we draw back from Him in hard times.  I have done it myself.  But when I do, I miss out on the help I need.  I miss out on the grace He wants to give me to help me to either endure what I am going through or make it through it.  Why do we do that?  We are only depriving ourselves.  We are hurting ourselves.  We are making it harder on ourselves.   

If you are in a place that is difficult this morning, don't draw back from the Lord.  Don't turn from Him.  Go to Him.  Draw near to Him.  He is there.  He wants to help you.  He wants to walk with you through it.  He wants to empower you with everything you need to make it.  He wants to hold you and carry you.  He wants to guide you through.  But you have to let Him.  And you are not letting Him as long as you draw back and turn away from Him.

Have a great day.  Are you drawing near the Lord in your difficult times, or are you drawing back away from Him?

No comments: