Friday, April 13, 2018

"Don't Be Like A Squirrel"

"God will instruct me and teach me in the way I should go. He will guide me with His eye. "  Psalm 32:8
 
When I went to town yesterday, on one of the streets was a squirrel.  He was standing in the middle of the street.  As I approached him, he decided to run and move out of my way.  The problem was, he didn't know which way to run.  (I was just praying he wouldn't run back in front of me.)  He darted in several directions unable to discern which way was the best way to get out of the way.
 
I thought about people and how we are often like that squirrel.  When troubles come, when problems hit our lives, when the enemy comes and tries to intimidate us and "run over us", do we do the same thing that squirrel did?  Are we unsure of which direction to take?  Do we run around in circles?  Do we become confused, afraid and run blindly in any direction-- hoping it is the right one?
 
We need to know what direction will get us out of "harms way".  We don't need to mindlessly make decisions.  We don't have a reason to be confused.  We can know what to do.  What we do is look to the Lord.  We head in His direction.  We should have assurance in our hearts that when we are faced with a course of action, there is no question because we have already settled it.  We will always head in the Lord's direction.  We will always run toward Him.  We will always take the way of escape that He has made.  We will let His Word guide and direct us.  We will follow Him. 
 
So, don't be like that squirrel.  You can know what to do and which way to go as long as you go toward the Lord.
 
Have a great day.  When you have to make a decision, are you like a squirrel running around in circles or a person who has confidence and assurance in the Lord?

No comments: