Monday, April 23, 2018

"But This I Know"

"Neither is there any creature that is not manifest in his sight: but all things are naked and opened unto the eyes of him with whom we have to do." Hebrews 4:13

I was thinking about what I don't know in regard to the rest of this year. For instant, I don't know what tomorrow may hold. I don't know whether the Lord will return before the year is over or not. I don't know just how bad things might get before He does return. I don't know what we may face in the days, weeks, months ahead. I don't know if the rest of the year will be better or worse that the beginning of it. I don't know if I will even make it through this next year- perhaps He'll call me home. I just don't know.

But there is something I do know. I know I don't have to worry about what tomorrow may hold because I know who holds tomorrow and who holds me in the palm of His hand. I know that the Lord is faithful. I know that His mercies are new every morning. I know that He crowns the year with His goodness. I know He will meet and supply all my need. I know that He will never leave me nor forsake me. I know that He will be with me always even unto the end of the world. I know that as I acknowledge Him in all my ways He will direct my path. I know that a thousand shall fall at my side and ten thousand at my right hand but it will not come near me. I know that there is no good thing that He will withhold from me as I walk uprightly before Him. I know He heals all my diseases and forgives all my iniquities. I know that nothing can separate me from His love.

There are many things in this life that are uncertain, but there is one thing that we can be certain of-- God will never change. There are many things we don't know about the future, but this we know-- the Lord has already seen the end as well as the beginning. There are things that we won't know until we get there, but we know this-- God already knows. We don't know what will happen from one day to the next, but this one thing we know-- God is in control. We need to stop being concerned about what we "don't know" and encourage ourselves in what we do know. And what we know is that we can trust the Lord with our lives.

Have a great day. There is a lot about tomorrow that we don't know... but always remember that as long as God knows we don't have to be concerned about what we don't know.

No comments: