Thursday, February 22, 2018

"How To Handle Problems"

"This is the day which the LORD hath made; we will rejoice and be glad in it." Psalm 118:24

A while back I read a little sign that was hanging on an office wall- I have also received it as an email (you probably have too). I want to share it with you this morning. It said, "Good morning, this is God. I will be handling all your problems today. I will not need your help... so have a good day." I thought it was a good reminder. When problems arise... not if... when... because they do arise, and more frequently than we wish, we tend to try to handle them ourselves. Even if we go to God with them, it's not long before we find our hands on them trying to solve the problem, trying to manipulate the situation, trying to make something happen. The end result of our "help" usually only makes matters worse. Abraham and Sarah tried to help God and got an Ishmael.

Are you trying to "help" God? Are you trying to tell Him how to solve the problem? Are you trying to take matters into your own hands? Are you trying to make something happen? Are you pushing God aside and trying to figure it out on your own? Or are you letting Him handle the problem- the whole problem- His way, according to His wisdom and plan, in His own time? Are you going to let go and take your hands off and trust Him to handle it? I would have a terrible problem if I had to figure out how to create a day. But He solved the "problem" of how to create it... because it was no problem for Him at all. "The things which are impossible with men are possible with God." (Luke 18:27) Let the fact that today is here be a reminder to you that He is well able to handle anything on His own and does not need your help. If He does need it... like my parents used to tell me... "if I need your help, I'll ask for it".

Have a great day. He doesn't need your help, if He does He'll ask for it, so take your hands off or you are going to wind up giving Him more than one problem to solve.

No comments: