Monday, October 9, 2017

"Understanding Trust"

"Though he slay me, yet will I trust in him: but I will maintain mine own ways before him."  Job 13:15

There are things that happen in our lives and we understand the reason why they happened.  For example, if I overeat, then I understand why I have a stomach ache.  If I am running late for an appointment, the reason was because I overslept.  But there are times when things happen and we don't know why they are happening.  We don't know the reason.  We can't figure it out.  We wonder what did we do?  Did I do something wrong?  Did I open the door to something that is causing my problem now?

Many times we are facing the consequences to our actions and choices.  Many times we are reaping what we sowed.  But sometimes we just can't figure it out.  Sometimes we just don't have the answer.  Sometimes it just doesn't make any sense.  Job couldn't figure out what was happening to him, or why.  He didn't know what had transpired in heaven between God and satan.  He only knew that he was suffering but he didn't know why.     

What do we do in those times?  One thing that we do is not to stay so focused on the why.  Yes, we should ask the Lord and if the Spirit reveals the reason to us we should respond.  But the greatest and most important thing we have to do is maintain our trust and faith in the Lord.  Are you going through something and you don't understand why?  Keep your heart in trust to the Lord.  Don't let it stop trusting just because you don't understand.  This is when you need to trust Him most. 

Have a great day.  You may not understand what is going on or why, but keep your trust in the Lord.     

No comments: