Friday, October 27, 2017

"Just Hang Up"

"Neither give place to the devil."  Ephesians 4:27

I get telemarketing calls all the time.  If I recognize it as one on my Caller ID I don't answer it.  If I do answer, sometimes I will listen to their whole "spill" and then politely tell them I am not interested-- I don't want to be rude.  But sometimes I will just have to hang up on them.

When the enemy comes with his lies, condemnations, accusations, enticing words, you have to do the same thing that you do with the telemarketer-- don't answer.  Many of you are getting into trouble because you are answering the "phone".  You "pick it up" and listen.  You know it is the enemy coming to plant wrong thoughts and lead you astray.  You know it is him trying to deceive you and make you believe his lies.  Yet you listen.  Don't listen.  Don't answer.  And if you do answer, don't be "polite" with him.  Don't give him any place.  Hang up once you recognize who it is.  If he can plant the thought in your mind, he will have you hooked.  You will start believing him.  And you will start acting on that belief. 

So, don't answer the enemy's call.  If you do, don't engage in conversation with him.  Don't try to reason or explain anything.  When you recognize who it is, hang up.  Period!  End of discussion!  Cut him off!  Hang up!!!

Have a great day.  Don't answer the enemy's call or if you do don't listen, just hang up on him!    

No comments: