Friday, December 2, 2016

"Only One Name"

"Neither is there salvation in any other: for there is none other name under heaven given among men, whereby we must be saved".  Acts 4:12

There is no other name under heaven that will save you.  That means there is only one name that saves us.  It is not the name of Buddha.  It is not the name of Allah.  It is not the name of any of the one million other gods worshipped by mankind.  It is not the name of the Pope.  It is not the name of some television evangelist or any other religious organization or ministry.  It is not the name of a denomination.  It is not the name that is found in a title-- king, ruler, president, pastor, prophet, etc.  It is not the name of your pastor, overseer, bishop, deacon, etc.  It is not in the name of your service-- Sunday School teacher, singer, choir member, worship leader, church secretary, nursery worker and so on.  It is not in the name of your ministry-- prison outreach, homeless outreach, ministry to battered women, construction of orphanages, etc.  It is not the name of what others call you-- a good person, a helper, a righteous man, a godly woman, a servant, or any other accolade placed on you.

There is only one name that saves.  That name is the Lord Jesus Christ.  No other name will be recognized by the Heavenly Father when we stand before Him on the Day of Judgment.  You may try to impress Him with some other name, especially the name of your own goodness, but it won't work.  Jesus is the only name that saves.  

Some will say I am being intolerant.  Some will say I am being closed-minded.  Some will say I am being dogmatic.  Some will say that I am wrong to say that Jesus is the only name that saves.  Consider this, I live on a dead end street.  If I tell you the only way to get to my house is by getting on Dreamy Trail and following it to my house are you going to tell me I am wrong, that is not the only way?  There is no other way of getting here.  Are you going to tell me I am intolerant?  No, because this is a fact.  If you come to see me you have to come that way.  If you are going to enter into God's house you are going to have to come in one way and one way only-- through Jesus Christ.  Or you won't get in.

Have a great day.  Jesus is the only name that will save you.     

No comments: