Tuesday, December 6, 2016

"Apathy"

"Then they that feared the Lord spake often one to another: and the Lord hearkened, and heard it, and a book of remembrance was written before him for them that feared the Lord, and that thought upon his name".  Malachi 3:16

I feel like I am suppose to "put the trumpet to my mouth and sound an alarm" to the church.  I am concerned about what I see happening in the church, namely in America, and some of the things the Lord has been speaking to me about her condition.  This is not something new that I see, but it is getting more intense and worse.  Many people have alarm clocks.  Their purpose is to wake you up so that you will get up out of bed and fulfill the duties, tasks and responsibilities that await you.   This morning I am sounding an alarm to "wake up".  The next several devotions will be aimed specifically to Christians, or those who call themselves Christians, to wake up and repent.    

When I woke up this morning, I kept hearing the word "apathy" in my spirit.  Apathy means: 
lack of interest, enthusiasm, or concern.  I see a lack of interest and enthusiasm in the church.  Where is the passion for Christ?  Where is the love for His Word?  Where are the testimonies of the great things He has done for us?  Where is the excitement of going to church and hardly being able to wait to see what the Lord will do among us?  Where is the concern for the things of God-- the salvation of souls, the proclaiming of the gospel, love for one another, prayer and fasting, etc.?  Where is the obedience, adherence and conformity to His commands?  Where is the reverence of that which is holy?  Where is the fear of the Lord?  


We act like He is just another part of our lives, instead of the fact that He IS our life.  We live like He is an attachment to our lives instead of our first priority.  He does not rule our lives, we do.  All of this is apathy.  Does this describe you?  Where is your enthusiasm about the Lord?  Where is your concern about pleasing Him above everything else?  Do you have a lack of interest for the things of God-- they are something you can "take or leave"?  Then you need to "wake up".  You are in danger spiritually.  Let me give you the Biblical definition of apathy:  lukewarm.  And the result of being lukewarm is that He will spew you out of His mouth!  Repent today of apathy and ask Holy Spirit to rekindle the fire of desire and love for the Lord.
 
 

Have a great day.  Wake up out of apathy.

No comments: