Tuesday, November 10, 2015

"Praise In The Imperfect"

"Enter into his gates with thanksgiving, and into his courts with praise: be thankful unto him, and bless his name."  Psalm 100:4

When we awake to a new day, it is like entering into a door.  We are on the threshold of another experience and adventure.  So, let me ask you, "How did you enter into this new day?".  Did you enter it with complaining because you "have to get up", or you "have to go to work", or you are going to have to "listen to screaming kids all day"?  Or did you enter it with praise?  Thanking God because you are privileged to get up and go to work?  Praising Him because you get to love on those noisy children and enjoy watching them grow? 

When I get up in the mornings, first I thank God for waking me up.  I thank Him for waking me up in my own bed, in my own home, with my own husband.  I thank Him for health, for my eyesight, for my ability to hear, I am mobile and not paralyzed, I have a sound mind and can reason.  I thank Him that I am not homeless, in a mental institution, in a hospital, in prison.  I thank Him that I have plenty to eat and clothes to wear.  I thank Him for my family, my extended family and my friends.  I could go on and on.

When you woke up this morning, your situation may have been completely different than mine.  You may have woke up with multiple problems plaguing you.  You may not have woke up with your health, your eyesight, your hearing.  You may be on a bed of affliction.  You may have woke up in a financial straight, with a dire need or in an emotional conflict.  But regardless of whether everything in our lives are "perfect" or not, we can always find something to praise Him for.  Even in the worst of conditions we can still praise Him, and we should.

Have a great day.  We should enter each new day with praise, regardless of our "imperfect situation".   

For further reading:
"And at midnight Paul and Silas prayed, and sang praises unto God: and the prisoners heard them."  (Acts 16:25)

"While I live will I praise the Lord: I will sing praises unto my God while I have any being."  (Psalm 146:2)

"I will bless the Lord at all times: his praise shall continually be in my mouth."  (Psalm 34:1)

"But I will sing of thy power; yea, I will sing aloud of thy mercy in the morning: for thou hast been my defence and refuge in the day of my trouble."  (Psalm 59:16)

"Rejoice in the Lord always: and again I say, Rejoice."  (Philippians 4:4)


<>< <>< <>< <>< <>< <>< <>< <>< <>< <>< <>< <><

Coffee Break is a morning devotional written by Lorraine Ezell
and is sent to you free of charge for the asking from
About the Master's Business Ministry, Inc.
Please feel free to
call (601) 833-5278 or
Email
: mastersbusiness@bellsouth.net
Visit us on the web:



    


No comments: