Monday, March 16, 2015

"Seeking His Face"

"When thou saidst, Seek ye my face; my heart said unto thee, Thy face, Lord, will I seek."  Psalm 27:8

I have been diligently seeking the Lord about a matter recently.  When I woke up this morning, the thing I have been seeking Him about was there again in my thoughts.  He said something to me that I am suppose to share with you this morning.  What He said was, "If you would seek My face as much as you seek My hand, you would not have to seek My hand as much." 

We do tend to seek His hand a lot more than we seek His face.  We will seek Him for as long as it takes to get an answer for some need, question or problem that we have.  And we go to Him as often as we need to when we have a need.  But when the need is over we stop seeking Him and go our own way. 

Seeking His face is all about just seeking Who He is, what He is like, and what He desires instead of seeking Him for what He can give us or do for us.  Seeking His face means going to Him and not wanting anything but Him.  It means going to Him and just sitting in His presence loving on Him. 

Do you ever have times when you go to Him and do nothing but love on Him, praise Him, tell Him how wonderful He is, and how thankful you are for what He has done for you?  Do you ever go to Him in prayer for the sole intent of getting to "know Him"?  Seeking His face means getting to know Him, not getting something from Him.

Have a great day.  If you would seek God's face as much as you seek His hand, you wouldn't have to seek His hand as much. 

For further reading:
Matthew 6:33  
Philippians 3:10


<>< <>< <>< <>< <>< <>< <>< <>< <>< <>< <>< <><
Coffee Break is a morning devotional written by Lorraine Ezell
and is sent to you free of charge for the asking from
About the Master's Business Ministry, Inc.
Please feel free to
call (601) 833-5278 or
Email
:   mastersbusiness@bellsouth.net
Visit us on the web: www.mastersbusiness.org
You are welcomed to make copies and distribute them free of charge

No comments: