Tuesday, February 10, 2015

"True Abundance"

"I am come that they might have life, and that they might have it more abundantly."  John 10:10

I have always looked at this verse as meaning that Jesus gives me life to the fullest.  Through Him I can truly enjoy my life.  And this is true. Through Him I have peace, contentment and His presence-- what more could you want.  My life is full.   But there is more to this verse than just having a full, fulfilled and complete life. 

Here are some of the definitions for abundantly-- over and above, more than is necessary, superadded, something further, more, much more than all.  It means that through Jesus, I have an abundance of all that I need in life.  He doesn't give to us sparingly.  He doesn't give to us in a miserly fashion.  He doesn't only give a little.  He loads us with benefits.  He pours out all good and perfect gifts upon us-- not just a trickle.  He gives us all things that pertain to life and godliness. 

So what that all means is I have an abundance of whatever it is I need in life.  If I need wisdom, He gives it to me liberally.  If I need strength-- He gives me perfect strength- His strength.  If I need grace-- He gives it in a sufficient measure.  If I need resources-- He supplies them according to the size of His own riches.  If I need finances-- He gives them to me good measure, pressed down, shaken together and running over.  If I need peace-- He gives me a peace that passes understanding.  The Lord is my Shepherd, I shall not lack.  No good thing does He withhold from those who walk uprightly.  That is abundant life! 

When the Israelites were in the wilderness, He didn't give them just a little bit of manna, barely enough to get by on.  He gave them the full measure that they needed for the entire day.  Abundant life is given from the Lord.  He is the one who meets all our needs.  He did it for them, He does it for us.   

Have a great day.  Real abundant life means not lacking in anything you need in life and having plenty of it when it is needed.


<>< <>< <>< <>< <>< <>< <>< <>< <>< <>< <>< <><
Coffee Break is a morning devotional written by Lorraine Ezell
and is sent to you free of charge for the asking from
About the Master's Business Ministry, Inc.
Please feel free to
call (601) 833-5278 or
Email
:   mastersbusiness@bellsouth.net
Visit us on the web: www.mastersbusiness.org
You are welcomed to make copies and distribute them free of charge

No comments: