Tuesday, January 27, 2015

"Casting It"

"Casting all your care upon him; for he careth for you.'  1 Peter 5:7

Are you carrying or casting your cares?  Are you taking matters into your own hands or putting them in God's hands?  Are you trying to solve your own problems or are you giving them to the Problem Solver? 

Perhaps you have cast your cares upon the Lord in the past.  Perhaps there was a situation that you just could not take care of on your own so you finally stopped struggling with it and gave it to Him.  The interesting thing about this verse is it is not a one time solution.  The word "casting" is used.  It means on-going, continually, to do over and over again.  We should be casting those things that trouble us, that give us grief, that upset us and make us anxious, upon the Lord.  Each new care should be given to Him, but also each care that seems to come repeatedly to our hearts should be cast upon Him as many times as is needed.  I have heard it said that if we have to pray about it more than once than we didn't have faith.  I don't believe that.  Jesus taught about the persistent widow and unjust judge, and the neighbor who would not give his friend rest until he gave him bread.  If an issue I am wrestling with continues to come up, then I need to continually cast it upon the Lord, each and every time.  I need someone bigger than I am, I need someone wiser and more powerful than I am to help me over this.  As I cast it upon Him, He gives me His strength and everything else I need to be victorious. 

As I am continually casting my cares upon Him, instead of trying to take care of them myself, it shows my utter and complete dependency upon Him.  It says to Him- I need You.  It speaks words of faith that say-- I trust You; You are able to take care of this.  We need Him and He has given us an invitation to stop carrying our cares and burdens, and to cast them upon Him.  Which will you do?

Have a great day.  Are you carrying your own burdens?  Or are you casting them upon the Lord?

For further reading:
Luke 18:1-6; 11:1-8 


<>< <>< <>< <>< <>< <>< <>< <>< <>< <>< <>< <><
Coffee Break is a morning devotional written by Lorraine Ezell
and is sent to you free of charge for the asking from
About the Master's Business Ministry, Inc.
Please feel free to
call (601) 833-5278 or
Email
:   mastersbusiness@bellsouth.net
Visit us on the web: www.mastersbusiness.org
You are welcomed to make copies and distribute them free of charge

No comments: