Monday, November 24, 2014

"Thankful"

"They are new every morning: great is thy faithfulness."  Lamentations 3:23

We are getting ready to celebrate Thanksgiving Holiday this week.  I wanted to take the next few days and focus on some of the attributes of our Heavenly Father that I am thankful for.  Today I am thankful for His faithfulness!

Faithfulness is the attribute and character of God that I love the most.  I never have to wonder about Him.  I never have to doubt what He says.  I never have to hope that He hasn't changed.  He is faithful to His own character.  He is faithful to His promises.  He is faithful to His people.     

When He says He won't leave me, He won't leave me.  When He makes me a promise, He will keep it.  He is totally trustworthy (faithful).  His faithfulness is not contingent upon my faithfulness.  Even when I am not faithful to Him, He is still faithful to me.

Thousands of years ago, God made a promise in the Garden of Eden to redeem mankind from his sins.  Though the years passed, God still showed His faithfulness when He sent His Son Jesus into the world to give His life on the cross.  Often we accuse God of being unfaithful because of "time".  When He doesn't "act" or "move" when we think He should, or want Him to, we think that He has been unfaithful.  That is never the case.  His faithfulness is perfect-- in time, in plan, in fulfillment.  He is faithful... period!

Have a great day.  I am thankful today for God's faithfulness.  Are you?   

For further reading:
2 Timothy 2:13
Genesis 3:15
John 19:30
Psalm 89:33
 
<>< <>< <>< <>< <>< <>< <>< <>< <>< <>< <>< <><
Coffee Break is a morning devotional written by Lorraine Ezell
and is sent to you free of charge for the asking from
About the Master's Business Ministry, Inc.
Please feel free to
call (601) 833-5278 or
Email
: mastersbusiness@bellsouth.net
Visit us on the web:www.mastersbusiness.org
You are welcomed to make copies and distribute them free of charge.    
You may also forward them via e-mail or post them to your website - leaving the whole message in tact unless permission is granted to do otherwise. Please remember to give credit to About the Master's Business Ministry
 
 

No comments: