Monday, November 17, 2014

"Pillow Talk"

"And after the earthquake a fire; but the Lord was not in the fire: and after the fire a still small voice."  1 King 19:12

I have two pillows on my side of the bed.  One I sleep on and the other I don't.  The one I sleep on is my favorite.  It is conformed to my head.  I can't sleep without it or on any other pillow.  It has traveled with me everywhere I have gone.  I never spend a night away from home without it.  A couple of nights last weeks, when I got in bed, I moved the pillow I don't sleep on as usual then laid my head on my pillow to go to sleep.  Something didn't feel right.  I couldn't get it comfortable.  I thought this must be the wrong pillow, but my mind said that it was the right one.  This happened again the next night.  Finally, the next morning as I made up my bed I decided to examine the pillow closer because something was wrong.  Guess what?  It was the wrong pillow.  It was not "my" pillow.

The point of sharing this with you is this:  if something doesn't feel right, you better check it out.  If you are feeling, even slightly, uncomfortable about a particular issue don't ignore it.  We have the Spirit of God to lead us into all truth.  We have a conscience to help us do the right thing.  We have been given discernment to know when something is amiss.  We have the still small voice that will speak to us so that we know which direction to take.  What you are feeling/sensing may seem insignificant but it may be trying to point something out to you that is wrong.  Check it out.  Don't wait.  Seek God about it.  Look at it a little closer.  Find out what and why.  It may be nothing.  But it may be something the Lord is trying to make you aware of . 

Have a great day.  If it doesn't feel right, look right, seem right, sound right, don't ignore it, find out why.

For further reading:
John 16:13   

 
<>< <>< <>< <>< <>< <>< <>< <>< <>< <>< <>< <><
Coffee Break is a morning devotional written by Lorraine Ezell
and is sent to you free of charge for the asking from
About the Master's Business Ministry, Inc.
Please feel free to
call (601) 833-5278 or
Email
: mastersbusiness@bellsouth.net
Visit us on the web: www.mastersbusiness.org
You are welcomed to make copies and distribute them free of charge.    
You may also forward them via e-mail or post them to your website - leaving the whole message in tact unless permission is granted to do otherwise. Please remember to give credit to About the Master's Business Ministry
 



No comments: