Friday, October 31, 2014

"Back Alive"

"He restoreth my soul: he leadeth me in the paths of righteousness for his name's sake."  Psalm 23:3

"He restoreth my soul."   Simply put... "He gives me my life back."  We all "lost" our lives in the Garden of Eden when Adam sinned against God.  (All have sinned and come short of the glory of God.  The wages of sin is death.)  But also on a more individual level, because of sin we have made wrong choices and bad decisions.  We have allowed the crowd to persuade and sway us in directions that were destructive and harmful to us.  We have done things that led us down a dark path.  We have wound up in a pit of our own making and frantically try to find a way out but to no avail.  Does any of this hit home or sound familiar?  Maybe not?

These scenarios may or may not apply to your life.  The fact remains that we are all "dead men walking".  We are all under the curse of death, and many feel like they are "dead".  But there is hope.  It is found in Jesus.  He is the giver of life.  He is Life.  You may feel "dead" inside.  You may be living in defeat.  You may be going the wrong direction.  You may have gotten yourself into a really deep dark pit.  I have good news... Jesus restores.  Jesus gives life.  Jesus gives us back our lives and turns them into something beautiful and productive.  Can I get a witness?  He gave me back my life, and He has done the same for countless numbers of people.  He wants to do the same for you today.  All you have to do is let Him!  It is that simple.  Will you?

Have a great day.  Jesus gave me back my life when I was dead in trespasses and sin.  He wants to do the same for you today.

For further reading:
Romans 6:23; 5:12-17
John 10:10   


<>< <>< <>< <>< <>< <>< <>< <>< <>< <>< <>< <><
Coffee Break is a morning devotional written by Lorraine Ezell
and is sent to you free of charge for the asking from
About the Master's Business Ministry, Inc.
Please feel free to
call (601) 833-5278 or
Email
: mastersbusiness@bellsouth.net
Visit us on the web: www.mastersbusiness.org
You are welcomed to make copies and distribute them free of charge.    
You may also forward them via e-mail or post them to your website - leaving the whole message in tact unless permission is granted to do otherwise. Please remember to give credit to About the Master's Business Ministry


No comments: