"And I saw the dead, small and great, stand before God..." Revelation 20:12a
Regardless of what you believe, even if you don't believe it, we will all stand before the Lord God one day and give an account of our lives. Every man, woman, boy and girl ever born since Adam to the last person born will stand before Him-- no one will be excluded. Among the great crowd that stands before Him, I see four different categories of people.
1) Those who didn't believe that He is real and exist.
2) Those who believed He was real but did nothing with that belief- they had a "head knowledge" of Him only.
3) Those who were religious in deed and action, but did not have a relationship with Him.
4) Those who love Him with all their heart, soul, strength and mind and serve Him out of loving devotion.
1) Those who didn't believe that He is real and exist. They either didn't know or refused, like the atheist, to acknowledge Him. On that day they will have no excuse for not believing He was real because the creation declares His existence. "For the invisible things of him from the creation of the world are clearly seen, being understood by the things that are made, even his eternal power and Godhead; so that they are without excuse." (Romans 1:20)
2) Those who believed, but only with a "head knowledge". They believed He was real and that He exists, but they never did anything with that belief. They did not turn to Him, serve Him, love Him, follow Him or make Him Lord over their lives. They only believed with head knowledge, but there was no heart acknowledgment. "For with the heart man believeth unto righteousness; and with the mouth confession is made unto salvation." (Romans 10:9-10)
3) Those who were religious in deed and action, but did not have a relationship with Him. These went to church, they gave alms, they sang in the choir, they even taught Sunday School, they joined the church, they did all the religious practices, but they did not know Him. They did the work of the Lord without knowing the Lord of the work. They are like the rich young ruler who kept the commandments, who was "good" by religious standards, yet he loved another "god" -- his riches. "Not every one that saith unto me, Lord, Lord, shall enter into the kingdom of heaven; but he that doeth the will of my Father which is in heaven. Many will say to me in that day, Lord, Lord, have we not prophesied in thy name? and in thy name have cast out devils? and in thy name done many wonderful works? And then will I profess unto them, I never knew you: depart from me, ye that work iniquity." (Matthew 7:21-23)
4) Those who love Him and serve Him with all their heart. These are the ones who believed in Him, received Him as Savior, loved Him with all their heart and followed Him. They draw near Him with their hearts and not just their mouths. They know Him and are known by Him. "My sheep hear my voice, and I know them, and they follow me." (John 10:27)
Which groups are you in?
Have a great day. We will all stand before the Lord one day and give an account of our lives. When you stand before Him, will you hear Him say, "Well, done, enter into the Kingdom"; or "Depart from Me into everlasting fire"?
<>< <>< <>< <>< <>< <>< <>< <>< <>< <>< <>< <><
Coffee Break is a morning devotional written by Lorraine Ezell
and is sent to you free of charge for the asking from
About the Master's Business Ministry, Inc.
Please feel free to
call (601) 833-5278 orYou are welcomed to make copies and distribute them free of charge.
You may also forward them via e-mail or post them to your website - leaving the whole message in tact unless permission is granted to do otherwise. Please remember to give credit to About the Master's Business Ministry.