Wednesday, October 30, 2013

"Looking At Jesus"

"And the King shall answer and say unto them, Verily I say unto you, Inasmuch as ye have done it unto one of the least of these my brethren, ye have done it unto me." Matthew 25:40
 
When I woke up this morning, I was thinking about a dream that I had last night. The setting of the dream was the Wednesday night service that we have at our church. We meet in the fellowship hall and sit around the tables and discuss a chapter out of the Bible. In the dream I saw several people that I know who attend my church, but I also saw some strangers, and I saw one lady that I recognized from coming in my shop. One of the guys there seemed to be mentally challenged. The lady is poor, unpopular and would be considered an "outcast". After a few minutes of thinking about the dream, all of a sudden I remembered, "Jesus, I asked You to let me dream about You last night when I went to bed". (I wanted to dream about You, not other people.) Then that still, small voice said, "You did", and I began to see the faces of those in my dream. 
 
I wanted to see Jesus in His glory and majesty. I wanted to see the Good Shepherd. I wanted to see Him as my Heavenly Lover. He let me know that I did see Him, but in a different way. I saw Him in the faces of His people (the church). I saw Him in the faces of the stranger, the infirmed, the imperfect, the poor, the unlovely, the outcast. I am not saying that they "are Jesus" or they "become Jesus"-- there is only One Jesus. But when we look at other people, in a sense we are looking at Jesus. There is no one who is not made in His image. When we look at others, when we meet their need, when we show them love, no matter who they are, it is as if we are looking at and doing it to Jesus. "Inasmuch as ye have done it unto one of the least of these my brethren, ye have done it unto me." 
 
I saw Him in the "study of His Word"- that is where we get a true revelation of Him. He is the Word that was made flesh and dwelt among us. The scriptures testify of Him. As we sat around the table reading His Word, His Word came to life and put on flesh and blood in the people who sat there. We have to be careful how we look at people. We have to be careful how we treat others. We have to be careful in our opinion of others because when we look into their faces, we are looking into the face of Jesus.
 
Have a great day. When we look at others, we are in a sense looking at Jesus. 
 
For further reading:
John 1:1,14; 5:39
Matthew 25:34-46
 
<>< <>< <>< <>< <>< <>< <>< <>< <>< <>< <>< <><
Coffee Break is a morning devotional written by Lorraine Ezell
and is sent to you free of charge for the asking from
About the Master's Business Ministry, Inc.
Please feel free to
call (601) 833-5278 or
Email:
mastersbusiness@bellsouth.net
Visit us on the web: www.mastersbusiness.org
You are welcomed to make copies and distribute them free of charge.
You may also forward them via e-mail or post them to your website - leaving the whole message in tact unless permission is granted to do otherwise. Please remember to give credit to About the Master's Business Ministry.

No comments: