Wednesday, September 4, 2013

"Gifts"

"For the wages of sin is death; but the gift of God is eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord." Romans 6:23
 
There are many "gifts" that God gives us everyday. Some of those gifts are tangible-- food, clothing, shelter, money, etc. Some are not-- favor, peace, strength, etc. Even life itself is a gift. We don't usually view these things as gifts from God but they are. God by His marvelous grace gives them to us. For example, the Lord gave me a "gift" of extra time this morning. He woke me up an hour earlier than I tend to get up. It gives me extra time to spend with Him and get in all that needs doing before I have to go to my appointment this morning. 
 
When given a gift, the first thing that has to be done is accept it. The next would be to use it wisely. Do you recognize the gifts that God is placing in your path each day? Do you accept them as such? How are you using them? When I woke up that hour earlier this morning, I could have turned back over and ignored it. I could have taken it for granted. I could have used it the way I wanted to use it and decided to use it to sleep. If I had I would have missed the wonderful blessing the Lord wanted to give me. 
 
What are you doing with the gifts that God gives you each day? The greatest gift being that of your salvation and eternal life. Are you neglecting it? Are you taking it for granted? Are you being careless with it? Do you give little thought to it? Do you treat it like it was a "one time" thing that happened some time ago, or do you enjoy it daily?
 
God gives us numerous gifts every day, even those we don't recognize as such. Will we receive them as a gift and use them in an appreciative manner, or will we ignore the blessing He is placing in our path and take it for granted? 
 
Have a great day. God gives us many gifts every day. What are you doing with the ones He gives you?
 
For further reading:
Psalms 68:19
Matthew 25:25
<>< <>< <>< <>< <>< <>< <>< <>< <>< <>< <>< <><
Coffee Break is a morning devotional written by Lorraine Ezell
and is sent to you free of charge for the asking from
About the Master's Business Ministry, Inc.
Please feel free to
call (601) 833-5278 or
Email:
mastersbusiness@bellsouth.net
Visit us on the web: www.mastersbusiness.org
You are welcomed to make copies and distribute them free of charge.
You may also forward them via e-mail or post them to your website - leaving the whole message in tact unless permission is granted to do otherwise. Please remember to give credit to About the Master's Business Ministry.

No comments: