Friday, September 27, 2013

"Christ Living In Me"

"I am crucified with Christ: nevertheless I live; yet not I, but Christ liveth in me: and the life which I now live in the flesh I live by the faith of the Son of God, who loved me, and gave himself for me." Galatians 2:20
 
"Yet not I, but Christ lives in me". In other words, although I am "alive" I should be "dead" and it is no longer me who is living my life, but Christ is living His life through me. When Jesus comes into our lives, we die (to self) and He lives in us. So then that means that it is Jesus who is living through me. When you see me, then you see Him. Can you imagine the change there would be in our lives and the impact we would have in the world around us if we truly understood those words and took them to heart?
 
It is not only Christ living in me but living His life through me. This means that my whole attitude would be different-- I would be loving, compassionate, forgiving, turning the other cheek, blessing those who curse me, praying for those who use me, going the second mile, and so on. It means I would not say some of the same things I say-- like foolish jesting and cursing. My words would be kind, gracious, uplifting, encouraging, edifying and full of wisdom. It also means my treatment of others would be different, the way I dress who be more modest, my lifestyle would have morals, my motives would be pure, my hand would be extended to others, I wouldn't do some of the things that I do and act the way I act. If Jesus was really living His life through me, which is what true Christianity is about, I wonder what changes it would affect in my life? 
 
What about you? Are you living a "crucified" life with Christ? Who is being seen in your life-- you or Him? Is He having freedom to do the things He desires to do through you? Is His character being seen through your life? When the disciples asked Jesus to show them the Father, Jesus replied that when you saw Him you saw the Father. It was because He and the Father were one. Jesus was "dead" to His self and will and the Father was "living" through Him-- "I came not to do my own will but the will of Him who sent Me". Can you say the same thing-- "When you have seen me, you have seen Jesus."? More importantly, can others say that about you-- "When I see him/her, I have seen Jesus."? They can and will if we are crucified to self and Christ is living through us.
 
Have a great day. If we are crucified with Christ we are no longer living our lives, but He is living His life through us. Is that evident in your life? 
 
For further reading:
John 14:9; 6:38; 5:30; 17:22
<>< <>< <>< <>< <>< <>< <>< <>< <>< <>< <>< <><
Coffee Break is a morning devotional written by Lorraine Ezell
and is sent to you free of charge for the asking from
About the Master's Business Ministry, Inc.
Please feel free to
call (601) 833-5278 or
Email:
mastersbusiness@bellsouth.net
Visit us on the web: www.mastersbusiness.org
You are welcomed to make copies and distribute them free of charge.
You may also forward them via e-mail or post them to your website - leaving the whole message in tact unless permission is granted to do otherwise. Please remember to give credit to About the Master's Business Ministry.

No comments: