Wednesday, July 3, 2013

"Concentrate On Following Him - part 3"

"Ye therefore, beloved, seeing ye know these things before, beware lest ye also, being led away with the error of the wicked, fall from your own stedfastness." 2 Peter 3:17
 
For the past couple of days I have told you that while I was taking my dad to have his surgery I took the wrong exit. My sister and brother were both following me in their own vehicles and when I took the wrong exit so did they. I also told you that once we reached our destination they both told me that they knew I had made a wrong turn but they followed anyway because we all needed to stay together and they thought I might know another way to get there.
 
They knew I was going the wrong way yet they followed me anyway. So many people know what is right but they are following someone who is wrong. Are you one of them? You cannot follow just anybody. Not everybody is going in the right direction. You have to be careful who you are following. My sister and brother love me and trust me, that is why they followed me. But they put what they knew was right over their trust in me. 
 
You can't put your love, trust or admiration for someone else above your love and obedience to God's Word. You can't let them take you down the wrong path. You can't let them take you in a direction that is contrary to God's Word or will. If you know it is wrong, then stop following them and follow the truth. Following the truth will make you and keep you free. Jesus put it this way, "He that loveth father or mother more than me is not worthy of me: and he that loveth son or daughter more than me is not worthy of me." (Matthew 10:37) If you are allowing someone else to take you in the wrong direction, and you know it is wrong, you are putting them above the Lord. How many young people have ruined their lives because they were following their friends. How many people have made huge mistakes because they were following the crowd. There is only One who we can safely follow-- Jesus. 
 
Are you following someone and you know that person is leading you in the wrong direction? No matter what your reason or how good your intentions may be for following, if it is taking you in the wrong direction, you will wind up lost, confused, in trouble and trying to find your way back to the right path. You need to break away and stop following them and go the right way-- God's way. 
 
Have a great day. If you know the person you are following is going in the wrong direction, stop following them. You can't follow everyone, but you can follow Jesus and know that He will always lead you in the right direction.
 
For further reading:
John 8:32
<>< <>< <>< <>< <>< <>< <>< <>< <>< <>< <>< <><
Coffee Break is a morning devotional written by Lorraine Ezell
and is sent to you free of charge for the asking from
About the Master's Business Ministry, Inc.
Please feel free to
call (601) 833-5278 or
Email:
mastersbusiness@bellsouth.net
Visit us on the web: www.mastersbusiness.org
You are welcomed to make copies and distribute them free of charge.
You may also forward them via e-mail or post them to your website - leaving the whole message in tact unless permission is granted to do otherwise. Please remember to give credit to About the Master's Business Ministry.

No comments: