Friday, August 10, 2012

"Bees In The Place Of Prayer"

 
"If ye then, being evil, know how to give good gifts unto your children, how much more shall your Father which is in heaven give good things to them that ask him?" Matthew 7:11
 
I love to go outside early in the morning and have my prayer time with the Lord. A couple of weeks ago I shared that as I was going to my porch swing to have that time I discovered a snake there. We discussed the illustration of how the enemy tries to get into our prayer place to distract and discourage us. Well, one morning last week I had gone outside to have my time alone with the Lord, but instead of staying on the porch I went for a walk down our road. I often do that because it is off the main road and very private and quiet.
 
This particular morning I discovered something else in "my place of prayer". Near the end of the road I saw something laying in the middle of the road that looked very odd. Upon closer inspection I saw it was a swarm of honey bees. I called a local beekeeper and he came and got them. He said it was very unusual to see them in that type of place. And he said it was a very large swarm.
 
The thought crossed my mind, "I found a snake in my place of prayer before (something that brings fear) and now I am finding bees in my place of prayer (something that produces that which is sweet)". Immediately, the Holy Spirit gave me another analogy.

As we pray and seek the Lord, in that place of prayer we will find some "sweet things" - we will discover the One who produces them. We will "taste" His goodness. He will show up and satisfy our mouths with good things. He will give us unexpected blessings and surprises. He will show us great and mighty things that we don't know. He will give us "unusual" revelations and insights. And He will give us an abundance of grace, strength, joy and peace. So keep praying, you will find good things as you do.

Have a great day. During prayer you never know what you may discover, but as you continue He will show you something good.


For further reading:
Psalm 34:8; 103:5; 68:19
2 Chronicles 26:5
<>< <>< <>< <>< <>< <>< <>< <>< <>< <>< <>< <><
Coffee Break is a morning devotional written by Lorraine Ezell
and is sent to you free of charge for the asking from
About the Master's Business Ministry, Inc.
Please feel free to
call (601) 833-5278 or
Visit us on the web: www.mastersbusiness.org
You are welcomed to make copies and distribute them free of charge.
You may also forward them via e-mail or post them to your website - leaving the whole message in tact unless permission is granted to do otherwise. Please remember to give credit to About the Master's Business Ministry.

No comments: