Monday, December 19, 2011

"Only One I Am"

"And God said unto Moses, I AM THAT I AM: and he said, Thus shalt thou say unto the children of Israel, I AM hath sent me unto you." Exodus 3:14

I have noticed in the music field, entertainment field and throughout various parts of society that "I AM" has become the popular saying. Many people out there are identifying themselves as "I Am". I want to set the record straight this morning-- there is only one "I Am" and that is God. This title is ascribed to Him alone.

While people might like to think that they are "I Am"- He only is. In those two small words is wrapped up the full nature, character and identity of God-- I Am the Beginning and the End. I Am the Creator. I Am the Way, the Truth and the Life. I Am unchanging. I Am all powerful, all knowing and all present. I Am the Provider. I Am the Deliverer. I Am the Good Shepherd. I Am the soon coming King of kings. I Am the all sufficient One. (The list is endless, because He is endless.)

While men like to think they share equality with God- they don't. Anything we have, anything we possess, anything we can do or accomplish, is only because He so graciously blesses us with them. Even our beloved Savior Jesus declared, "Without Him I can do nothing".

When someone thinks that they are "I Am" (meaning so great and powerful), perhaps what they should mean is- I am unable to save myself. I am not able to deliver myself. I am lost. I am without hope if I am the one who can fix the problem. I am not very smart or wise. I am weak. I am helpless. I am nothing without the Lord. These are more truthful statements. And it is only when we realize this truth that we will switch positions from thinking we are "I Am" to allowing the true "I Am" to take control and charge of our lives.

Have a great day. Man is not "I AM", the True and Living God is the only "I Am".

For further reading:
John 5:19: 15:5; 14:6
Isaiah 43:10, 13
Revelation 1:18

<>< <>< <>< <>< <>< <>< <>< <>< <>< <>< <><
Coffee Break is a morning devotional written by Lorraine Ezell
and is sent to you free of charge for the asking from
About the Master's Business Ministry, Inc.
Please feel free to
call (601) 833-5278 or
Email: mastersbusiness@bellsouth.net
Visit us on the web: www.mastersbusiness.org

You are welcomed to make copies and distribute them free of charge.
You may also forward them via e-mail or post them to your website - leaving the whole message in tact unless permission is granted to do otherwise. Please remember to give credit to About the Master's Business Ministry.

No comments: