Monday, August 22, 2011

"Pull Down The Walls"

"There is neither Jew nor Greek, there is neither bond nor free, there is neither male nor female: for ye are all one in Christ Jesus." Galatians 3:26

As many of you know I spoke at a revival service Thursday night at a church in this area. When I got there, the pastor said to me- and also told the congregation- that I was "making history" that evening. I asked him, "How so?'. He told me that in all the history of the church that I was the first woman to ever speak at their revival, and I was the first white person to ever speak at the church. (When he told me this, I was extremely humbled that the Lord would allow me such an honor.)

I am sharing this with you because I am excited to see what the Lord is doing throughout the body of Christ. He is truly pulling down walls that have separated His church for a long time. This has been my prayer for years and something that I have worked toward.

It is the job of the enemy to keep us divided and separated from one another. He uses race, gender, denominations, age- anything he can that will keep us from being unified to accomplish the task that lies ahead of us- the Great Commission. As long as we are divided, we are less effective for the kingdom. The Bible talks much about unity. There is an old saying, "United we stand, divided we fall." Without unity, without one another, we are only "half" or "part" of the body of Christ- we are not whole but incomplete. How much work for God's kingdom would be accomplished if we all came together to do it. It took more than Nehemiah to rebuild the walls of Jerusalem, it took all the people working together to accomplish that great task. It will take all the body of Christ working together to reach this world for Christ.

Walls of separation in the body of Christ was never God's plan. It is the plan of the enemy and man has carried out that plan. The whole world is crying out for "change"-- it is time to change in the area of coming together as the "whole" body of Christ. The other night at that church the Lord pulled down gender and racial walls. He has already pulled down denominational walls there- (by the way, I wasn't a member of that denomination either.) I pray that the same thing will begin to happen in every church that has built up walls within its walls.

Have a great day. If the walls that separate the body of Christ from each other were pulled down we could do a better job of accomplishing the work that is before us.

For further reading:
1 Corinthians 12:12-27
Ecclesiastes 4:11,12
Matthew 18:19

<>< <>< <>< <>< <>< <>< <>< <>< <>< <>< <><

Coffee Break is a morning devotional written by Lorraine Ezell
and is sent to you free of charge for the asking from
About the Master's Business Ministry, Inc.
Please feel free to
call (601) 833-5278 or
Email: mastersbusiness@bellsouth.net
Visit us on the web: www.mastersbusiness.org

If you would like to subscribe to the Coffee Break mailing list, visit our website and on the Coffee Break page you will find a submission form.

You are welcomed to make copies and distribute them free of charge.
You may also forward them via e-mail or post them to your website - leaving the whole message in tact unless permission is granted to do otherwise. Please remember to give credit to About the Master's Business Ministry













No comments: