Thursday, June 2, 2011

"Uplifting Words"

"And I, if I be lifted up from the earth, will draw all men unto me." John 12:32

Would you mind this morning if I talk about how wonderful our glorious Savior Jesus is? He said in the verse above, if He was lifted up He would draw all men to Himself. I know that He was talking about the literal lifting up of His body, hanging above the earth on the cross for all to see. But I also think about "lifting Him up" through praise and adoration from our mouths.

Speaking of "lifting up". When you open your mouth, just what are you "lifting up" with your words? Are you lifting up Him or self? Are you lifting your problems up? Are you lifting your pain, your frustrations or bitterness? Are you lifting up words of criticism and condemnation? Are your words negative and unkind, or wholesome and edifying? We are never at a loss for words, and our words are always going to be either lifting something or someone up or tearing them down. Which will yours be?

So this morning, I want to lift Jesus up. He has been so good to me, why should I complain about anything. He saved my soul from hell, gave me a home in heaven, blotted out my sins, made me a new person, calls me His child, He supplies all my needs, He is with me always, He watches over me continually, He never leaves me and won't forsake me. He is a friend that sticks closer than a brother. He loves me with an everlasting love and nothing can separate me from His love. As I lift Him up through my praises and thank Him for who He is and what He has done, not only does He draw others who hear my praise to Himself, He draws me near to Him also. When I get near Him, my words have to change because my heart is filled with gratitude and thanksgiving because of what He has done for me. And that leaves no room for the other words.

Have a great day. Keep your mouth filled with His praise.. continually lift Him up and you won't be lifting up the wrong things with your mouth.

For further reading:
Psalm 89:1; 34:1; 105:1
James 3:10,11

<>< <>< <>< <>< <>< <>< <>< <>< <>< <>< <><


Coffee Break is a morning devotional written by Lorraine Ezell
and is sent to you free of charge for the asking from
About the Master's Business Ministry, Inc.
Please feel free to
call (601) 833-5278 or
Email: mastersbusiness@bellsouth.net
Visit us on the web: www.mastersbusiness.org

You are welcomed to make copies and distribute them free of charge.
You may also forward them via e-mail or post them to your website - leaving the whole message in tact unless permission is granted to do otherwise.
Please remember to give credit to About the Master's Business Ministry

No comments: