Friday, June 10, 2011

"Stay With You"

"He that dwelleth in the secret place of the most High shall abide under the shadow of the Almighty." Psalm 91:1

Occasionally, when I am around my little granddaughter and it is time for her to leave, she will decide she doesn't want to leave. She will come to me and say, "I want to stay with you". She doesn't want to go home with her mother or daddy, but she wants to stay with me instead. As a grandmother that blesses my heart so much, makes me feel good and brings me lots of joy because at that moment she is saying that there is no place she would rather be than with me. I wonder how much the heart of our Heavenly Father is blessed when we have that same attitude-- "I want to stay with You".

When was the last time that you felt like my granddaughter--- toward the Lord? Are there other places you would rather be than in His presence? Are you content to just sit at His feet, like Mary? Or are you more concerned about being other places and doing other things, like Martha? One of my favorite hymns is "In The Garden". One line of the song says, "I'd stay in the garden with Him, though the night around me be falling". Is that how you feel? You long to stay with Him regardless of what may be going on around you? Does your heart yearn for His presence- to stay with Him? Or are you in a hurry to get finished with your time of communion with Him so you can rush off to do something else- something that you would rather do?

It gives me so much joy to be with my granddaughter. Do you know where I get that attitude from? My Heavenly Father- He is the same way. We are what brings Him joy. And He has great joy when we willing desire to be, and stay, with Him in His presence.

Have a great day. Where would you rather be? Staying in His presence or somewhere else?

For further reading:
James 4:8
1 Corinthians 3:16; 6:19
Zephaniah 3:17
Psalm 65:4; 84:10
Luke 10:41,42

<>< <>< <>< <>< <>< <>< <>< <>< <>< <>< <><


Coffee Break is a morning devotional written by Lorraine Ezell
and is sent to you free of charge for the asking from
About the Master's Business Ministry, Inc.
Please feel free to
call (601) 833-5278 or
Email: mastersbusiness@bellsouth.net
Visit us on the web: www.mastersbusiness.org

You are welcomed to make copies and distribute them free of charge.
You may also forward them via e-mail or post them to your website - leaving the whole message in tact unless permission is granted to do otherwise.
Please remember to give credit to About the Master's Business Ministry

No comments: