Thursday, June 16, 2011

"Brand New"

"We are confident, I say, and willing rather to be absent from the body, and to be present with the Lord." 2 Corinthians 5:8

I had a dream last night that I am unable to get away from, so after praying about it I feel I must share it with you. It is a little different than some of the other dreams I have shared in the past.

There were several characters in the dream but one main one- an infant boy named Jackson who was very ill. He had some sort of disease that he was born with- I don't know what it was. There was a young girl who was with me. In the dream she and I were driving in town and the Lord showed me that Jackson was going to die. When He showed me this, I started crying and crying, and so did the girl with me. Then I began to talk to her about what was going on and by then I knew Jackson was gone. I started telling her about him being in heaven with the Lord, and that he wasn't ill any more but he was whole and healthy, just then we came upon a young man who was standing in the road- he appeared to be "preaching". As I was telling her about Jackson being in heaven, I realized that the young man who we saw was Jackson. He was grown up, very handsome, standing in his own strength and had a sound mind and a healthy body. (This was what he would have grown up to look like had he lived and not had a diseased body.)

The point of the dream is not to cause a theological debate about what we look like in heaven, etc. I am sharing it to bring hope and comfort to those who read it. For those who die in Christ, death is not the end. And neither are we left throughout eternity to suffer with the same conditions that we suffered with while on earth. In heaven, all things are made new- this corruptible flesh puts on incorruption and this mortality puts on immortality. There is no more pain or disease there that plagues us here. We are made whole once and for all. When I saw the young man, I knew that was Jackson- there was no doubt in my mind. His old body was left behind and the Lord gave him a new one. The Lord took away the effects of living in a sin cursed world off of him.

Be encouraged this morning. This is not all there is. There is an eternity that awaits us. When we die, we will spend that eternity in one of two places- either heaven or hell- and which one it will be is determined by what we do with Jesus. But for those of us who have put our faith and trust in Jesus as Savior and are continuing on to follow Him as Lord, we have a blessed hope. We will spend eternity with Him in His Father's house and all the trials, cares, pain, sickness, disease, heartaches will all be gone. They will be past and be a thing of the past, because in His presence He will make all things new-- just like He did for Jackson.

Have a great day. In heaven all things are made new-- including us.

For further reading:
1 Corinthians 15:53-55
Revelation 21:5
Luke 16:25
John 14:1-3

<>< <>< <>< <>< <>< <>< <>< <>< <>< <>< <><


Coffee Break is a morning devotional written by Lorraine Ezell
and is sent to you free of charge for the asking from
About the Master's Business Ministry, Inc.
Please feel free to
call (601) 833-5278 or
Email: mastersbusiness@bellsouth.net
Visit us on the web: www.mastersbusiness.org

You are welcomed to make copies and distribute them free of charge.
You may also forward them via e-mail or post them to your website - leaving the whole message in tact unless permission is granted to do otherwise. Please remember to give credit to About the Master's Business Ministry.

1 comment:

Richard Hobart said...

I gave you the credit and included your web address. I used it with your permission at my blog
Richard