Thursday, January 13, 2011

"My Choice"

"Let us choose to us judgment: let us know among ourselves what is good." Job 34:4

The first time I woke up this morning I should have gotten up. But I rolled back over and went back to sleep. Later I was awakened by the alarm clock. I should have gotten up then but fell back to sleep. Then I finally woke up and now I am really rushing to do what I need to do before I have to be at the Recovery Center this morning for service.

I only have a short time so in order to try to make the best use of my time and get everything done, I decided to go shampoo my hair and then come back to do the devotional. I go in there to shampoo my hair, get it wet and the water quits- it froze! (Thank God I didn't have it lathered with shampoo yet.) So now I am back at the computer with a wet head, running back and forth between doing the Coffee Break and getting dressed.

I write this to make a point. We tend to bring a lot of grief and aggravation into our own lives because we haven't been wise stewards, we have been lazy, or we have made unwise choices and decisions. When we do, it leaves us searching for ways to try to "fix" our problem. But usually what winds up happening is either we create another problem for ourselves or find ourselves having to deal with some unexpected consequence. As with me- I thought that would solve my "time" issue, only to find myself with another problem-- no water.

My laziness (catering to my flesh) this morning has put me in a position that could have been avoided had I chosen to do what I should-- get up the first time I woke up. This morning I did it with my time, but we do the same thing I am talking about with our finances, relationships, our jobs, etc. The bottom line is this- when we bring the problem on ourselves (and many of them we do), it leaves us trying to come up with a solution or seeking God to correct and help us in what we have done. Our answer to this would be-- make the right choices first and we will save ourselves all the agitation that we are now encountering.

Have a great day. Making the right choice the first time makes everything a whole lot better.

For further reading:
Galatians 6:7

No comments: