Monday, January 24, 2011

"The Check"

"My people are destroyed for lack of knowledge..." Hosea 4:6

The other day, while I was going through some paper work, I discovered a check that someone had sent me a couple of months ago. The check had gotten mixed in some other papers and was completely hidden from me-- I did not realize it was there. I was pleasantly surprised when I found it, yet at the same time hated that this had happened because I could have been using it to help with a need.

The word of God is a treasure. When we "dig" through its pages, we discover that there is a storehouse of blessings and provisions that have been promised to us. But many people do not take the time or make the effort to search out its riches, so to them, it is like that check that has sat in my draw all these months. That check was valuable but it was doing me no good just sitting there.

It wasn't until that check was cashed, or deposited in my bank account, that I could receive the good from it. The word of God has to been "deposited" in our lives in order for us to receive the good from it. As the verse says, "My people are destroyed for lack of knowledge." You've heard the saying, "What you don't know can't hurt you". Well, on the other hand, "What you don't know, can't benefit you." If you don't know God's word, how can you be benefited by it?

Have a great day. It's when we know God's word that we are benefited by it.

For further reading:
John 5:39; 6:63
Joshua 1:8

<>< <>< <>< <>< <>< <>< <>< <>< <>< <>< <><

Coffee Break is a morning devotional written by Lorraine Ezell
and is sent to you free of charge for the asking from
About the Master's Business Ministry, Inc.
Please feel free to
call (601) 833-5278 or
Email: mastersbusiness@bellsouth.net
Visit us on the web: www.mastersbusiness.org

You are welcomed to make copies and distribute them free of charge.
You may also forward them via e-mail or post them to your website - leaving the whole message in tact.
Please remember to give credit to
About the Master's Business Ministry.
Take time to visit our on-line Christian magazine and blogs.
http://livingstonesmagazine.homestead.com

No comments: