Wednesday, March 10, 2010

"All The Need"

"But my God shall supply all your need according to his riches in glory by Christ Jesus." Philippians 4:19

Aren't you glad for God's promise to supply all your need, regardless of what it is? We have needs in every area of life- spiritual, physical, emotional, material, etc. I am glad that the Lord didn't say He would take care of only my spiritual need, or just my physical need, and so on. I am also glad that His promise to meet all my need was not a "one time" offer- like a coupon, once you use it the offer was no longer good.

For example: I had a spiritual need- salvation- and He made a way through His Son Jesus Christ at the cross to meet my need. But He is also continuing to take care of the spiritual needs that I have- the need for transformation into His image, the need for help in denying myself, the need for the Fruit of the Spirit to be produced in me, the need to learn how to yield to the Holy Spirit's guidance in my life. The same is true for our physical needs- sickness often strikes more than once. Material needs are the same way- they come on a daily basis. All of our needs make a "repeat performance" in our lives. But when they do, the promise still remains.

Whatever your need is today, it doesn't matter how many times you have gone to God with this same need, you can still go to Him with it again. His promise to supply it is still in force.

Have a great day. We don't exhaust His offer to supply our need no matter how many times we need Him to meet them.

For further reading:
Exodus 16:21
Matthew 6:8,11
James 1:5

No comments: