Monday, December 28, 2009

"Trusting"

"O Lord of hosts, blessed is the man that trusteth in thee." Psalm 84:12

A couple of months ago my sister had neck surgery. She has gone back to work and is driving. Occasionally, she still has soreness in her neck from the surgery and doesn't have full range of motion. One day I had something I needed to give her. We both were in town so we decided to just meet somewhere. She was coming from the bank and I was driving by so we pulled into parking spots to meet. I got out and went to her vehicle to give her what I had for her. This happened to be one of the days she was having some pain when she turned her neck. When we had finished our meeting and as she started to back out of the parking spot, she asked me if anything was coming and was it clear for her to back out. I directed her to back out when the coast was clear and stood there in the street motioning for her to go backwards. She never looked back, she never tried to turn around, she just took my word for it that nothing was coming and backed out into the street.

My sister never once hesitated to back into the street without looking when I directed her to because she trusted me. She knew that I was not going to direct her into a situation that would hurt her. She knew that I would not steer her wrong. She knows I love her and would not let her do something that would put her in harm's way. She knew that if I said the street was safe for her to backup, she could backup with no fear of something happening to her. She trusted me totally.

How trusting are we of God? Do we trust the fact of His love for us? Do we trust that He won't "steer us wrong"? Do we trust His word when He speaks to us? Do we trust that what He does in our lives is something that will not harm us? Do we trust that He has our best interest at heart, always? Do we trust that He knows what He is doing in our lives even when we can't see it for ourselves? Are we totally dependent upon His word to navigate us through places because we can't do it for ourselves? Do we trust that all He desires for us is good and that He is working all things together for our good?

If we can trust a person because we know that person loves us, cares about us and will not do us harm, how much more should we trust our Heavenly Father when He says something to us because He loves us more than we can even fathom.

Have a great day. Do you trust God to lead you in the right way, even when you can't see that way for yourself?

For further reading:
Psalm 118:8
Proverbs 3:5
Psalm 73:28
Psalm 115:11
Isaiah 26:3

No comments: