Wednesday, December 16, 2009

"The Lord Is Good"

"For the Lord is good; his mercy is everlasting; and his truth endureth to all generations." Psalm 100:5

We aren't good. We don't always act good. We don't always do what is good. But you can't say that about the Lord. He is good and He is good all the time. Jesus Himself said that God is the ONLY one who is good. When Moses requested to see God's glory, the Lord's response to him was, "I will make my goodness pass before you." (Exodus 33:19)

As I woke up this morning a song was on my heart- it came from this verse above. I believe the Lord is using the song to remind me that no matter what may happen, no matter what I may encounter, no matter how I am treated, no matter what I face, He is good and I can trust and rest in His goodness to me even in the midst of bad things that come my way.

I believe that this devotional this morning is a reminder to you of the same thing. Bad things happen to us in this life. Bad things happen to even the righteous. We aren't exempt from bad things. But always remember, those "bad" things that come our way aren't from God- He's a good God and He can turn the bad into good.

Have a great day. The Lord is good... period!

For further reading:
Romans 8:28
Psalm 27:13
Psalm 33:5
Mark 10:18
Psalm 73:1

No comments: