Tuesday, May 5, 2009

"Garments"

"And that ye put on the new man, which after God is created in righteousness and true holiness." Ephesians 4:24

Every morning I pull off my clothes that I slept in and put on my clothes that I plan to wear that day. I do this each and every day. I have to do this spiritually each day also. There are some things I need to put off and some things I need to put on. Each day I have to put on the Lord Jesus Christ, I have to put on the armor that I have been given to fight the battles that come my way. I have to put on the garment of praise. I have to be clothed in God's grace and mercy, His strength and peace. I have to put on the mind of Christ so that I can think like He thinks. I have to put eye salve on my eyes so that I can see clearly as I walk through this world.

In the morning I pull off the clothes I slept in before I put on the clothes that I am going to wear around the house or out in public because I can't wear both. This morning you can't wear unforgiveness and forgiveness. You can't wear heaviness and praise. You can't wear gladness and mourning. You can't wear joy and grief. You can't wear hate and love at the same time; peace and confusion; weakness and strength. You can't wear righteousness and unrighteousness; filthiness and holiness. You have to pull off one of them. Which garments will you chose to wear? Garments of the flesh or of the spirit?

Have a great day. As you get dressed for the day, don't forgot to put on and pull off those spiritual garments as well.

No comments: