Thursday, January 15, 2009

"Praise Him In The Middle"

"From the rising of the sun unto the going down of the same the Lord's name is to be praised." Psalm 113:3

Yesterday we talked about how God is with us- at the beginning, the end and in the middle- of our lives, our situations, our circumstances. This morning I want to remind you that because He is there- beginning, end and middle- we should praise Him throughout the entire day. We praise Him when we wake up in the morning (at the beginning of the day) for rest, peace and sleep through the night, for protection and safety, for waking us to the dawn of a new day. We praise Him at night (at the end of the day) for bringing us through another day, for providing all our needs, for seeing us safely through it.

But what about during the day? Should we not be giving Him praise throughout the day? At each turn we make, with every step we take, with each mile we travel, in every decision that is set before us, for those who are part of our lives, each time we clock in on our jobs, each time we sit down to a meal, or walk around in our homes, each time we engage in a relationship with someone, should we not offer up a word of praise, a word of thanksgiving, a word of gratitude?

There are times throughout my day that I just have to stop and praise the Lord- when I see His hand moving, when I am overwhelmed by His presence, when I feel His touch. But even when I don't stop what I am doing and take a minute to offer up a sacrifice of praise, I still go throughout the day with a praise for who He is, what He's done and what He's doing, in my heart. He is worthy of praise every minute of every hour of every day. His praise should be continually in our mouths and heart- beginning, end and middle of every day.
Have a great day. From the rising of the sun until it sets at night and all throughout the day the name of the Lord is to be praised.

No comments: