Monday, March 6, 2023

"Be Contagious"

"Be ye followers of me, even as I also am of Christ." 1 Corinthians 11:1

Last week I went with a friend to her doctor's appointment out of town. There was a lady sitting in the doctor's office when we walked in, and she was talking to some of the other patients.  This lady was so upbeat, joy and peace just exuded from her. Confidence and wisdom were in every word she spoke. It was obvious that she was a Christian and wasn't ashamed to talk about Jesus. The whole room was lit up by her words and presence. I haven't been around someone like her in a long time. My spirit immediately connected with hers. I felt recharged and energized just talking to her. What she had, made me want to have it too. 

The definition of the word contagious is: to spread from one person to another by direct or indirect contact; likely to spread and affect others. She is what I call a "contagious" person. This woman's whole demeanor was such as you couldn't help but to want to be like her. Let me ask you, are you a "contagious" person? I am talking about contagious for Jesus. When others get around you, are you living your life in such a way that they want what you have-- Jesus. Do they want the love, peace, joy, grace, wisdom and confidence that you have? We should be living in such a way-- through our words and lifestyle-- so that others want what we have. We should be "rubbing off" on those who don't know Jesus- and those who do- to the point where they are affected and want Him in their lives too. Does this sound like you? I want it to be me. I want my life to touch, impact and make someone desire and hunger for Jesus and to be like Him. Every born-again Christian should want this. 

Have a great day. Is your life contagious? Do others want to "catch" what you have--- which is Jesus.


No comments: