Thursday, January 5, 2023

"The Real Proof"

"Jesus saith unto him, Thomas, because thou hast seen me, thou hast believed: blessed are they that have not seen, and yet have believed." John 20:19

Yesterday we talked about looking for some spectacular, supernatural sign as proof of God's presence. This morning I want to talk about what the real proof is. The real proof is God's word. He was with the prophet because He said He would be, not because He tore the mountains in half, or manifested an earthquake or any other great sign. 
 
God's word is His proof to us today also. He may not be showing us some visible, physical, supernatural evidence but we have His word on the matter. His word is His promise. His word is His "bond". He is not a man, He does not lie. What He says is pure truth and only truth. 
 
I may not see Him, I may not see any visible sign that He is there, I may not see any great miracle, I may not see anything at all that gives me any hope or assurance that He is there, but I don't have to have that because I have His word. His word is all we need, it is enough because it is not the word of just anyone, it is the word of God Himself.
 
Have a great day. Our evidence is God's word. It is so just because He said it.
 
For further reading:
Matthew 28:6
Numbers 23:19
John 17:17

No comments: