Thursday, February 10, 2022

"He Is He"

"So, God created man in his own image, in the image of God he created him; male and female he created them." Genesis 1:27

A little over a week ago, I sent out a Coffee Break devotional entitled, "Tiny Prayers To A Great Big God".  One of my email brothers in the Lord replied and asked me to look at what I had written in one of the paragraphs and rephrase it.  At first, I didn't catch the error, but when he pointed it out.  I saw it immediately. What I had written was-- "I also think that we forget Who it really is that we are praying to."  Did you catch it?

What needed to be corrected was the use of the word "it" in referring to God. He is certainly not an "it".  He is not a "thing".  He is not a physical object that is made out of wood, stone, metal, etc.  He is not an idol that we bow down to or transport around with us wherever we go.  He is not a statue.  He is not a relic we have placed in the closet.  He is not a vapor, or some inanimate force.  The Lord God is a Person!   

When we say that God is a person, we don't mean that He is a human being. We mean that He has a personal nature. He is The Living God.  So, the correct way to describe Him is not with the pronoun "it" but "He". Aren't you glad that He is a personal God and not just some object of worship!

Have a great day.  When addressing God, He is not an "it".  He is a "He".

 

No comments: