Wednesday, June 22, 2016

"Fixing The Fixer"

"And that ye study to be quiet, and to do your own business, and to work with your own hands, as we commanded you".  1 Thessalonians 4:11

 When the Lord laid this scripture on my heart to share this morning, I knew it was for me if for no one else.  It is not always easy to do-- be quiet, tend to your own business, do your own work-- especially when you are a "fixer". 

When you see things that are wrong, when you have a "better" way of doing it, when you have gone through it yourself, when you are more versed on what the scriptures say about it, when you have a heart to help, when you want to make it easier for other people, when you can see the situation more clearly, you can't help but want to say something or do something to remedy it-- it is hard not to do it.

This word this morning is two-fold:  First, it is an instruction.  Stop giving your opinion and telling others what to do unless they ask for the help or advice-- keep your mouth off of it.  Tend to, and mind, your own business unless they want you involved-- or the Holy Spirit prompts you to do something-- keep your nose out of it. 

Second, this is a freeing message.  The Lord wants to free you from thinking you always have to "do something".  It is freeing to know that I don't have to right every wrong, correct every mistake, instruct every move, point out every fault and always be pointing to the right direction.  It is freeing to know it is not my place to live someone else's life for them.  I am not responsible for them or their decisions.  I am responsible for me-- to do my own work and take care of my own business.  When I do that, I will be more productive in the things that the Lord has called me to do. 

Am I saying there is never a time to help counsel or be involved? No, but not if it isn't wanted.  And not if I think I can make it or the person different.  That isn't my business, it's God's.  Sometimes we are trying to do something that only God can do and in doing so we take it out of His hands.  It is His place to fix it and not mine.  I can promise you, it is better to leave it in His hands and let Him do what needs to be done--- in my own life and the life of someone else.

Have a great day.  You don't always have to be fixing something or someone.
 

<>< <>< <>< <>< <>< <>< <>< <>< <>< <>< <>< <><
Co
ffee Break is a morning devotional written by Lorraine Ezell
and is sent to you free of charge for the asking from
 

About the Master's Business Ministry, Inc.
Please feel free to call (601) 833-5278 or
Email
: mastersbusiness@bellsouth.net
Visit us on the web:
www.mastersbusiness.org 
 

No comments: