Tuesday, October 13, 2015

"Love To Tell The Story"

"How then shall they call on him in whom they have not believed? and how shall they believe in him of whom they have not heard? and how shall they hear without a preacher?"  Romans 10:14

As soon as my eyes opened this morning, I began hearing an old hymn playing over and over in my thoughts.  The words were-- "I love to tell the story, will be my theme in glory.  To tell the old, old story, of Jesus and His love."

What do you love to talk about?  We talk about all sorts of things-- the weather, politics, the latest fashions, popular movies, other people, etc.  But do we talk about Jesus and His great love? 

When I first surrendered my life to Jesus, and He became my Savior and Lord, I couldn't wait to tell people about what He had done for me.  I wanted everyone to know.  I wanted to share His love and the story of salvation.  I woke up in the morning praying to be able to tell someone that day about Him and invite them to make Him their Savior.

What has happened to us?  Why aren't we telling it?  Why aren't we sharing this good news?  Why is it the least thing we talk about as Christians?  I dare say that the reason we see people's lives in such a mess-- inside the church and out-- is because we have stopped telling people about Jesus' love and message of salvation.  When was the last time you heard someone say, "Jesus, loves you."?  When was the last time you told someone that He loves them? 

When we don't tell, we are withholding hope from people.  When we don't tell, we are keeping from them the way to eternal life.  As the scripture above says, how will they hear if someone doesn't tell them.  We might say that they hear it in church.  When was the last time you heard a message in church about the saving love of Jesus?  We preach about everything else most times but that.  Besides not everyone goes to church.  Jesus left us with a commission to fulfill.  If we aren't telling people the "old, old story, of Jesus and His love", then we aren't fulfilling it.

Have a great day.  Do you love to tell the story about Jesus and His love?


<>< <>< <>< <>< <>< <>< <>< <>< <>< <>< <>< <>< 
Coffee Break is a morning devotional written by Lorraine Ezell
and is sent to you free of charge for the asking from
About the Master's Business Ministry, Inc.
Please feel free to
call (601) 833-5278 or
Email
: mastersbusiness@bellsouth.net
Visit us on the web: 
www.mastersbusiness.org  


No comments: