Thursday, August 27, 2015

"Infestation"

"Having therefore these promises, dearly beloved, let us cleanse ourselves from all filthiness of the flesh and spirit, perfecting holiness in the fear of God."  2 Corinthians 7:1

I had a dream last night about two things-- twigs and roaches.  When I woke up, the thought came to me that I was "cleaning" up some things.  The part of the dream with the roaches was more pronounced. 

As I prayed about it this morning, I believe I am suppose to share it with you because the dream was not just for me personally.  In the dream there were an innumerable amount of roaches.  A few cockroaches but mostly small to mid size ones.  They were everywhere.  I was having to fight to keep some of them from getting on me.  I decided I needed to try to get rid of them.  I got the roach spray and began to spray.  To my surprise it worked.  They didn't just drop dead, they began to vanish until there were none left.

What the Lord gave me to share from this dream was this:  These roaches represented things that contaminate our hearts and minds and distract us.  They can be pet sins, evil thoughts, wrong thinking, lusts, materialism, the cares of this life, pain, wounds in our hearts, fear, mistakes from the past that try to haunt us, or any number of other things.   We must keep ourselves clean of all those things that would contaminate our flesh and spirit, and distract us.  If we don't they will continue to grow and multiply in our lives until they overcome us. 

How do we overcome them?  How do we destroy them?  The solution is easier than we think-- just like in my dream.  You bring your thoughts toward them into subjection to God's Word.  You use the Word of God against them.  When temptation comes, quote the Word and then do what it says.  When fear comes, quote the Word and resist it.  When the cares of this life get more than you can bear, look to the Word and find peace and rest in it.  If you don't use the Word (like I used the bug spray in my dream), you will wind up with an "infestation".  But if you take action and use the Word instead of just watching them, accepting them and being overwhelmed by them, you will see them stop multiplying and vanish.

Have a great day.  If you don't take care of those small things that contaminate your flesh and spirit, you will wind up with an infestation of them.   

 
<>< <>< <>< <>< <>< <>< <>< <>< <>< <>< <>< <>< 
Coffee Break is a morning devotional written by Lorraine Ezell
and is sent to you free of charge for the asking from
About the Master's Business Ministry, Inc.
Please feel free to
call (601) 833-5278 or
Email
:  mastersbusiness@bellsouth.net
Visit us on the web: 
www.mastersbuisness.org   


   

No comments: