Friday, March 20, 2015

"Just Eat It"

"And the Lord God said unto the woman, What is this that thou hast done? And the woman said, The serpent beguiled me, and I did eat."  Genesis 3:13

Years ago I had a crown that fell off of my tooth.  When I went to the dentist to put it back on for me, he was cleaning the filling out of it and accidently put a hole in the crown.  He showed me what he had done and then said to me, "You know what you do with this?  'Eat it'."  He was saying that because of what he had done he would have to take full responsibility for replacing it.  He would have to pay for it.  He would have to take the blame for it.  He didn't try to make me look bad, or make accusations such as-- if I hadn't had it fall off, he wouldn't have done that. 

There are times when we need to do the same thing-- just eat it.  There are situations and circumstances that we need to just take the responsibility upon ourselves.  For example- I don't like to arrive anywhere late.  I would rather be a little early or on time.  If I am late it is usually because someone else made me late.  What do most of us do in that situation, should we arrive late?  We begin to let everyone know why we were late.  We tell them that the fault lies with our husband or our children.  My question is, "Why do we have to say anything at all?"  Why do we feel the need to make others look bad... or rather the need to always make ourselves look good?! 

True enough it may be their fault.  True enough they may be the reason.  But in most cases it really doesn't matter.  When it doesn't, just "eat it".  Don't make them look bad.  Don't try to make yourself look good or perfect.  We should be protecting others instead of putting them out there as a target for blame.  (I just used the example of being late to make a point, but this is true in every area.) 

We need to learn to let the responsibility fall on us.  We don't need to be pointing blame at others even if they are to blame if it isn't a big deal anyway.  We need to get rid of our pride.  We should just show love and "eat" the reason.  What does it matter anyway?   

Have a great day.  Stop trying to always make yourself look good by making someone else look bad. 

 
<>< <>< <>< <>< <>< <>< <>< <>< <>< <>< <>< <><
Coffee Break is a morning devotional written by Lorraine Ezell
and is sent to you free of charge for the asking from
About the Master's Business Ministry, Inc.
Please feel free to
call (601) 833-5278 or
Email
:   mastersbusiness@bellsouth.net
Visit us on the web: www.mastersbusiness.org
You are welcomed to make copies and distribute them free of charge

 

No comments: