Tuesday, February 7, 2012

"Faithful To His Call"

"Faithful is he that calleth you, who also will do it." 1 Thessalonians 5:24


Each day I post the Coffee Break devotional on a blog online so that those who don't want to receive it in their inbox can still read it there. I started doing this in 2008. Today's post will be number one thousand-- there are one thousand devotionals posted on the Coffee Break blog. The Lord placed the call to do the daily devotional on my heart in the year 2000. When I first started sending out the devotional, I was doing it seven days a week. So honestly, I have no idea exactly how many all together I have written-- at least a couple of thousands. So it is only fitting that I should talk about the faithfulness of God this morning.

He called me to do this and each day He has faithfully given me what to say. Does fulfilling His call always come easy? No. Did I know how to do what He called me to do? No. Have there been times when I wasn't sure what He wanted me to say? Yes. Does it mean that just because He called you to do something then you don't have to put forth any effort in doing it? No. Is there discipline involved to fulfill what He calls you to do? Absolutely.

I want to encourage you this morning, from experience, that whatever the Lord has called you to do-- and it is truly Him calling you, not just your own desire or assumption that it is Him-- He will be faithful to not only give you every provision that you need to do it, He will also walk with you every step of the way- even when you don't sense that He is there. He doesn't call you to a task then leave you on your own, He will guide you and direct you. He will speak to you concerning what course of action to take. He will instruct and train you by His Spirit to know how to accomplish what He has called you to do. So don't let fear, or worry that you don't know how to do it, stop you from fulfilling His plan for you. If He calls you to do it, He will be faithful to help you to do it and not just at the beginning but all the way through it. I can certainly testify to that. He has not stopped giving me what to write even though it has been around twelve years since He first called me to do it. He was faithful to continually direct and equip Moses in leading the Israelites out of Egypt-- through the whole forty year journey. He was faithful in instructing Noah how to build the ark during all the years that it took for him to build it. He will be faithful to you also-- from the beginning of the task, all the way until the time that He says it is finished.

Have a great day. God is faithful. If He calls you to a task, He will be with you and equip you with everything you need to accomplish it.

For further reading:
1 Corinthians 1:9
Revelation 19:11
Lamentations 3:23

<>< <>< <>< <>< <>< <>< <>< <>< <>< <>< <><
Coffee Break is a morning devotional written by Lorraine Ezell
and is sent to you free of charge for the asking from
About the Master's Business Ministry, Inc.
Please feel free to
call (601) 833-5278 or
Email: mastersbusiness@bellsouth.net
Visit us on the web: www.mastersbusiness.org

You are welcomed to make copies and distribute them free of charge.
You may also forward them via e-mail or post them to your website - leaving the whole message in tact unless permission is granted to do otherwise. Please remember to give credit to About the Master's Business Ministry.

No comments: