Friday, May 12, 2023

"Going Home"

"And if I go and prepare a place for you, I will come again, and receive you unto myself; that where I am, there ye may be also." John 14:3 

One day we will all leave this earth- either through death or the catching up in the air (the rapture). Those of us who have made peace with God through Jesus Christ will go home to heaven. I have to wonder how eager are we for that day. Do we look for it with great anticipation? Are we excited about it and can hardly wait? Do we even have any thoughts about it?
 
Again, we are all going to leave this earth one day-- no one is a permanent resident. When that time comes, we won't just cease to exist. We will go to our eternal destination- either a home in heaven, or the torment of an eternity in hell. Do you know that you have a home awaiting you in heaven when you leave this earth? If not, you need to make that the priority of your life. Receive Jesus as your Savior and follow Him the rest of your life as your Lord.
 
If you have made that preparation, do you ever think about it? Are you so earth bound that you don't want to leave, and you never think about "going home"? I am not talking about having a "death wish". I want to stay here as long as the Lord had planned for me to be here, but I am looking forward to the day when I can go home. Are you?
 
Have a great day. Do your thoughts ever go toward going home to heaven one day, or are you so earth bound that you don't give it a thought?
 
For further reading:
2 Corinthians 5:6-8
John 14:1-3

No comments: