Friday, November 6, 2020

"Go To The Light- Part 2"

 "Go To The Light- Part 2"

"My son, attend to my words; incline thine ear unto my sayings."- Proverbs 4:20

Yesterday I shared my experience of getting lost at night on my way home from the ballgame and how I saw a bright light at a building and stopped to ask for directions.  The young man was very nice and gave me clear directions to get home.  I followed his directions exactly as he had told me-- go down one block, take a right, go around a curve and stay to the left, you will see a railroad track, turn right and cross the track, then... at that point I either would go to the right or the left, but I couldn't remember which one he said.  There was no road sign.  Did he say go to the right or to the left over the track?? Why couldn't I remember? Looks like I was "lost again".  So I turned to the right.  After a few miles I did not recognize anything.  It looked like I was heading into a more rural area.  I decided I needed to find a place and pull over and use the GPS on my phone.  I finally found a place.  I put my info in the phone and sure enough, I should have turned left instead of right.  I was on the right road, just going in the wrong direction.

The reason I shared this again this morning is:  although I was "paying attention" to the directions the young man was giving me, evidently, I wasn't listening very well.  How many times has the Lord spoken to us but we weren't listening?  How many times have we thought we heard what He said only to realize that we hadn't?  How many times has He tried to speak to us but we haven't listened?  

I took the wrong turn after having been given the right directions.  Thankfully, I was able to do something about it-- use my GPS.  The Lord is so gracious and merciful that even when we aren't listening to Him, or paying attention to what He says, He will still make a way for us to get back going in the right direction.  He also puts something in our path to "speak" to us again or show us the way-- just like my GPS.  

Are you still heading in the wrong direction after He has spoken to you?  Are you still lost?  Do you need to head another direction?  He has a way of putting what you need in your path to help you.  Listen and pay attention to the help He sends your way.

Have a great day.  We need to do better when it comes to listening to what the Lord says, but when we don't, He knows how to help us hear again.  

No comments: