Wednesday, June 12, 2019

"The Lord's Goodness"

"And he said, I will make all my goodness pass before thee, and I will proclaim the name of the LORD before thee; and will be gracious to whom I will be gracious, and will shew mercy on whom I will shew mercy." Exodus 33:19

"I will make my goodness pass before thee." God's goodness is still passing before us. It passed before me this morning when it woke me up. I see His goodness in His faithfulness. I see His goodness each time He fulfills His promise to me. I see the Lord's goodness passing by in His provisions- for it is He that meets and supplies all my needs. His goodness passes by our lives in the form of His love, through His healing of our bodies, His strength in our weakness, His grace in times of afflictions and in His mercies that are new every morning.

God's goodness is not just a one time glimpse of Him as He passes by your situation. His goodness is all around us each and every day. It comes in the ways I have already described but it also comes through something as simple as a smile when you are feeling down. It comes through an unexpected word that lifts you up. It comes through the blessings of a new addition to your family, an open door, food on the table, a bargain at the store, protection in a dangerous situation, the air you are breathing this moment and in too many other ways to name.

God's goodness is still passing by, don't miss it because you are looking for it in the "big and miraculous"- it comes in those ways too, but not all the time. You find it more often in the simple and small things of everyday life that we seem to take for granted.

Have a great day. Take time today to notice His goodness, it's all around you, you won't have to look far.

No comments: