Thursday, May 30, 2019

"He Never Lets Go"

"Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil: for thou art with me; thy rod and thy staff they comfort me. " Psalm 23:4 
This morning, as so many mornings, I awoke with a song going over and over in my heart and mind. Often I have shared them with you, this morning I am doing the same. The words of this song speak a tremendous message to us all. It doesn't matter where you are this morning- on a mountain top, in the deepest pit of grief, in the darkest place of your life, walking through the valley of the shadow of death, hemmed in at the Red Sea with Pharaoh's army pressing in behind, facing the fiery furnace- you are not alone. Your God is with you and He is for you. You have no reason to fear, even evil. Our great and mighty God conquered the powers of evil at the cross. He gained the victory for you in every area of your life. Don't fear and don't give up. He is with you and He never lets go of you.

"Even though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death,
Your perfect love is casting out fear.
And even when I'm caught in the middle of the storms of this life
I won't turn backI know you are near.
And I will fear no evil for my God is with me, and if my God is with me
Whom then shall I fear?  Whom then shall I fear?

(Chorus:)

Oh no, You never let go through the calm and through the storm.
Oh no, You never let go In every high and every low.
Oh no, You never let go, Lord, You never let go of me.


And I can see a light that is coming for the heart that holds on.
A glorious light beyond all compare.
And there will be an end to these troubles but until that day comes we'll live to know You here on the earth.
Yes, I can see a light that is coming for the heart that holds on and there will be an end to these troubles but until that day comes, still I will praise You, still I will praise You!"

Have a great day. Don't let go because He never lets go!

No comments: