Thursday, February 14, 2019

"Joyful Praise"

"Let every thing that hath breath praise the LORD. Praise ye the LORD." Psalm 150:6
When we praise the Lord, we should do it with joy!! There should be an excitement in our praise because of who He is and what He has done. I have been around many people during "praise and worship" time and they barely open their mouths, they will not lift their hands, they do not clap, and they had a sad and sullen expression on their face. Please don't misunderstand, I am not criticizing or judging... I am wondering why there is no expression of joy. There is a chorus which words are: "When I think about His goodness and what He's done for me. When I think of His goodness and how He's set me free, I want to 'clap, jump, shout'." 


When I start thinking about all that the Lord has done for me, I can't contain myself sometimes. I was in the prison of sin, I was living in darkness, I was dead in trespasses and sin, I had the condemnation of death on me, I was heading to judgment guilty, I was lost, wretched and dirty and Jesus reached into the pit and rescued me.  He set my feet upon a rock, took off my grave clothes, put a robe of righteousness on me, translated me from death to life, darkness to light, took my place in the judgment hall and wrote my name in the Book of Life. Just thinking about it now makes me want to stop and lift my hands in praise and adoration at His merciful goodness toward me. 

What type of praise are you giving to the Lord?  Is it from a sincere heart of gratitude?  Is it joyful?  Is there excitement and thanksgiving in it?  Or is it a "chore", an imposition or a bother to you?  If so, then you should keep it to yourself-- He doesn't want it.  He loves a cheerful giver-- even when it comes to giving Him your praise. 

Have a great day. Is there joy in your praise to God?

No comments: