Monday, February 11, 2019

"He'll Do The Rest"

"Faithful is he that calleth you, who also will do it." 1 Thessalonians 5:24

I am getting to the computer a few minutes later than usual this morning because I have been waiting on the Lord to receive a word from Him to write in the devotional. I still don't have a word. But I have come to the computer, opened up the new message screen and have typed in the Coffee Break title as an act of faith. I know that He will speak a word to me because He called me to do this-- I didn't call myself. Neither did He call me to "try to come up with something to say" on my own. All He called me to do is be willing, obedient, trust Him and He would do the rest.

Sometimes we just have to step out in faith when we know that we have already heard from God on a matter and head in that direction- like I know that I am suppose to be sending out this devotional. Abraham knew that he was suppose to leave his family, although he didn't know where he was suppose to go. So he packed up his belongings and started walking. As he walked, God gave him direction.

There is also the story of the ten lepers who were healed by Jesus. They came to Jesus for healing and He told them to go show themselves to the priest. There was no sign that they were healed, their leprosy was still visible. What were they to show the priest? All they knew was that Jesus had said go- even when there was no visible sign to back up their healing, but as they went- as they stepped out in faith at what He had told them to do- their healing came.

Well, it seems that the Lord has just given us an "illustrated" sermon. Because as I stepped out in faith on what I knew He had already told me to do, He has done the rest. He gave us a word this morning after all. The word is that as we do what He has already told us to do, even when we don't see it, hear it or feel it, He will do His part because He is faithful.

Have a great day. Just go ahead and do your part, He will do the rest.

No comments: